Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dragons of the Valley - REVIEW

In Donita K Paul's Dragons of the Valley, the second book in a series, I found a story of adventure and poignancy. I'd read DragonSpell years ago, but didn't remember much other than that I enjoyed it. I've been meaning to read more of her books and you know how it is....well, I waited too long.

The book follows the main character from The Vanishing Sculptor, Tipper. She joins an artist-turned-swordsman and endeavor to save statues and take them to the Valley of the Dragons. I liked this book because it is light-hearted in places and serious in others. It gives you a good balance so it's not too dark or too silly. It's also appropriate for a whole family, which can't be said about many books these days!

Donita's world is so rich and detailed from her creatures to countries to foods--it's a treat to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment