Friday, March 18, 2011

Tithing REVIEW

Tithing by Douglas LeBlanc is yet another book in the series on Ancient Practices published by Thomas Nelson. Yes, I like these books. There is at least one more in the series I plan on blogging about before it's all said and done. Anyway, one thing I really liked about Tithing was that the author interviewed people in all different branches of Christianity including....an Eastern Orthodox priest. When I saw that mentioned in a review on Amazon I knew I wanted to read it.

As with the others, Phyllis Tickle, author and compiler of The Divine Hours, writes the intro. Chapter One was quite exciting as it is by one of my favorite authors, Frederica Mathewes-Green. Called "Continuity in the Tradition," it explains the Orthodox perspective on tithing.

Another chapter talks about "Missional lives after Katrina," and another favorite is about the Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn. There is a veritable wealth to be had in this book. Tithing also includes a Study Guide. I enjoyed this read, especially how you heard so many different perspectives on one topic. I didn't feel like the author was giving his "slant" at all. Five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment